In a day and age obsessed with social media and technology, it’s hard to picture life without them. So what is Social Media?
Social media represents low-cost tools that are used to combine technology and social interaction with the use of words. These tools are typically internet or mobile based. A few that you have probably heard of include Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and YouTube. Social media gives marketers a voice and a way to communicate with peers, customers and potential consumers. It personalizes the “brand” and helps you to spread your message in a relaxed and conversational way.
Today, the term social media covers a huge range of digital services that can be accessed from desktop and mobile devices. Blogs, social networks, online communities and forums are some of the most popular. Yet other media areas are now adding social elements too. Traditional websites are incorporating comment facilities for readers to give feedback. Even email is joining in, with profiles, sharing, rating and other social features being bolted on to core email services.
What is Social Media for and how would it benefit your business:
- With social media, it’s easy to build and foster relationships with current and potential clients to keep current customers happy and generate new leads.
- Social media provides a means for reputation management where you can instantly respond to complaints, positive feedback and answer any questions.
- Customer service can be easily integrated into social media platforms to answer questions, gather and provide feedback, and much more.
- With social media, it’s easy to identify and converse with other industry professionals and experts.
- Social media platforms are a great place to share thoughts, insights, experiences, and opinions through commenting, microblogging, blogging and sharing information.
- So many people conduct research on the web in today’s world, and social media allows you to be the information resource they’re looking for.
- With so many users on social media, it’s a great place to build your brand.
- Social media allows you to reach a larger online audience through visibility and search engine optimization.
- Social media is a great tool to use to determine trends and behaviors of your target market and competitors.
- It’s a great resource for recent industry news and events.